The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• The Pokes climbed a spot in the College Football Playoff rankings after the Sooners went down in Waco
Here’s where the BCS would have had everybody ranked:
• Jim Knowles is a Broyles Award nominee – given to CFB’s top assistant. The list will next trim to five and be given away on 12/7.
• Watching Saturday’s game against TCU, it was hard not to wonder – “how did these guys throw for 531 yards against the Baylor team that just beat OU?” Well, here’s the answer.
OSU held them to 30 percent less successful passes – and it’s sort of a chicken-or-the-egg question when you try to figure out if its the pass rush or the coverage to blame.
The (Cowboy) coverage unit, in particular, played at a high level, as it held TCU’s offense to the second-lowest successful pass rate of any FBS team for the week (20.7%). Quarterback Chandler Morris and the Horned Frogs ranked 12th in the FBS in that metric last week (55.1%) against Baylor.
• 21 points is the conference low for Texas Tech – the number to keep Tech under to keep up the trend of holding teams to their lowest total in Big 12 play
Tech’s season-low for scoring was the 21 points the Red Raiders managed against Oklahoma, given how this season has gone for Knowles’ group, that could be in danger this weekend.
• What a fun idea to engage the students.
• These Fox guys know what they’re talking about:
• Cade Cunningham had a career-high 25 points against the Kings on Monday night – and made history in the process.
The post Daily Bullets (Nov. 17): CFP Poll Update, Jim Knowles on the Shortlist for Assistant of the Year appeared first on Pistols Firing.