The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
Women’s Soccer: SMU 1, Cowgirls 0
• Spencer Sanders is set to play on Saturday, making his season debut against to Tulsa
• Did the Oklahoma schools (OSU included) have lousy openers or are they in line for lousy seasons? Drifting towards the latter.
• CBS’ Dennis Dodd had the scoop on how much money OSU and fellow Big 12 schools are likely to get under the new TV deals:
First, the Big 12 will grow back to 12. Then it will begin to find its revenue worth. Industry sources have put the new per-team revenue at $20 million-$25 million per year. While that would be a huge boost for the AAC teams emigrating to the Big 12 — those schools make only $7 million per year — the existing Big 12 schools would have reduce their bottom lines by about a third, coming down from $37 million in annual media rights payouts.
I’m confused about how TV revenue works – this article is saying the Big 12 members will nearly be made whole. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Bonus Tidbit: detail on BYU’s exit path here
• Several OSU alums are playing (set to play) in the NFL this weekend
• The Texas Tech AD hinted the Big 12 may be in line for multiple rounds of expansion
• Look for some news this AM on new teams:
The post Daily Bullets (Sept. 10): Spencer Sanders is Back, OSU’s Likely New TV Deal with OU and Texas Gone appeared first on Pistols Firing.